The first primary school at Dingli was founded in 1858. In 1903, it moved to 17, Main Street. These first 8 classrooms are still being used to date. In the early 1960′s, a new wing was built. Before being amalgamated with the primary school, for a number of years the newly-built block was used as an Area Secondary School. In 1975 the first Kindergarten class was opened. Nowadays Dingli Primary School caters for 9 primary classes and 5 kindergarten classes.