It was originally found in Valletta and was formally known as a Grammar school. The school as we know it today opened its doors for the first time on 1st October 1959. In the 70s changed into a Secondary School until 1981, when it became a Junior Lyceum. The school premises consists of five blocks and a Greek Theatre. Today it has become a mixed school and students in forms 4 and 5 are being phased out.