The present GC Kercem Primary School was inaugurated on 11th November, 1923 by Mgr E Dandria, Minister of Public Instruction. It is constructed in Orvieto Square and consists of three wings.
It replaced a previous school opened in 1921, which had only two classes, Stage 1 and 2. It was temporarily housed at 21, St Gregory Street. The other Kercem students attended Victoria Primary, but by 1924 all were admitted into this school.